Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lesson Number 3 - The gift

My daughter is the greatest gift I have ever received from God. A simple smile, a bubbly hello, a twinkle in her eye, a scream of delight, a wet (and sticky gooey) kiss, a hug, a run, a dance and a cry from her are all cherished moments in my life that I know will hold me aground for all eternity. I am blessed, trully, by having my daughter born in this world.

Now you might be wondering why this was lesson number 3 and not number 1? Well, as with all lessons in life, it comes at the most opportune time. At a time when I simply needed to realize it. At a time when I needed to know that I am loved and can love unconditionally. I am used to be teased by my friends that I am such a cry baby. That I am. And, having my daughter with me, is a miracle that she can easily cure me from my aching heart.

I didnt realize that my eyes were blazing with fury, tears were streaming down my face and my heart was broken in tiny pieces until she reached out and touched my face and smiled at me. Her cute, mischievous smile as if saying "brace yourself, there'll be more to come mommy" ...and I did and I am. I am bracing my self for more heartaches, disappointment and frustration. But I see a silver lining in my horizon. A simple touch cured me and strengthened me. My daughter is a healer...that is her gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment