Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lesson Number 2 - Sometimes she just doesn't know what she wants

We've labored over this for far too long. Kids throwing tantrums and crying their hearts out over seemingly...nothing! Feet stumping and heads a-bangin' like a die hard rock and roll fan. I frantically search for the nearest toy (or thing) that would catch her fancy but nooooo...she just keeps crying and screaming and throwing a fit! And I finally just give up and let her be. Lo and behold, she just settles into a comfortable zone in her crib, wipes her eyes like plays again with her toys.

For a mom like me who really doesn't have help at home, its downright frustrating not to be able to communicate with your toddler, much less a one year old kid. I don't know baby sign language because quite frankly, even though its effective, I just couldnt see the justification of spending money over it as opposed to buying milk for my daughter. I'm that practical kind of person. I don't have that much patience in my bones. It got all consumed together with my calcium reserve during my first pregnancy. I don't have that much creativity in me to win over my daughter's attention, because well, if you're one to finish the laundry at 8 AM then proceed to give your daughter her breakfast and brace yourself for one hell of a bath...let me tell you it aint never easy to be thingking about something else besides finishing.

So, the next time she throws a fit, I know better than to waste my energy trying to figure out what she wants. Trust me, she just wants to bawl her eyes out. That is of course after you've checked if she pooped or wants milk. I never said for you to be inconsiderate.

No comments:

Post a Comment