Monday, August 10, 2009

Trully, there's no place like home...

I strive everyday of my life to make something out of myself. I got married, had a child and am a mother now, but trully, there's just no place like home -- where I grew up and learned life's first lessons. Over the weekend, my daughter B and I went to visit my parents and younger sister and we stayed over night. When we got home, it was the usual hustle and bustle of taking care of B (since i don't have a helper). I didn't mind. I was home and with the company of people I love. I would have loved to share with you the highlight of my visit (food, what else!?) but my forgetful mind left the battery to my camera so I wasn't able to take a picture of anything except, my breakfast on Sunday (which is still somewhere in cyberspace).

Anyways, my daughter also had a blast, running like crazy around the house, making everybody's backs hurt because everyone has to catch up with her. Im so thankful that my younger sister is so much more patient and loving to my daughter than I was when I was her age and I was trying my very best to take care of her.

In a way, it was healing period for me to go visit my parents. Eventhough we didn't do any more than sit back, tell stories, watch over B, and drink coffee (lots of it...). For me it was more than enough to renew my spirits and envigorate my soul. Like a rebooting of some sort. This week is surely going to be another grind, I don't mind. I know that I can always come home to my mom and pappy and sister and it will be as if nothing has ever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment