Monday, August 31, 2009

Effortless Sundays


pretty much doesn't exist in my world. When everything is in disarray and deadlines are running rampant in my calendar. A breezy weekend has not visited me in such a long time that I have begun to wonder what it would feel like to just let the day pass by and laze around the house.



I would probably experience something short of a movie special effects when the main character is standing still and everyone and everything around him is in a continuously fast forward motion. I'd probably go insane in minutes.



Truth be told, effortless Sundays are ethereal for me. I would probably choose to have a busy Sunday rather than a lazy Sunday. But hey if I can squeeze in a cheat here and there why not? Which I rather did. And my little cheat presented itself when I decided to concoct clear pork stew for lunch. Why was it effortless?



Basically, I never realized it was what I was cooking until I started boiling the pork. And from there, things just rolled off down hill. I had potatoes, I had sweet corn, I had pechay leaves, I had time on my hands! I popped everything inside the osterizer (except of course the pechay leaves), added salt and whole black peppers. Pressure-cooked the whole batch in 20 minutes and viola! We had one delicious port stew in clear broth in no time.



As soon as I was finished pressure-cooking the meat, I added a few more seasoning, added the pechay leaves and let it simmer for a minute or two, and that's that.



Sundays can be hectic, but it doesn't mean I have to wallow in misery or frustration for that matter. Just a little bit of magic, a little bit of determination, you too can have your effortless Sundays.




2 comments:

  1. haha...ya saves lots of time with the pressure cooker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was the only gift that I really appreciated during our wedding...shhhhh!!!...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete